Thursday, March 26, 2009

Feelin Good...end of first week!!! :)

Well today is the last day of my first week on my challenge. I did good I think. I didn't end up doing my workout yesterday. I went ahead and took Tracy's advice to rest and not aggitate my back even more. However...I still want to complete this challenge without missing a single workout...so that ubwo will be made up today which is my real rest day. Make sense??? :) My back...well I can't tell if it's still messed up because I take my motrin every 6 hours. Hopefully it will be fine. I think it should....it's all good!!! ;)

I was looking at some webistes of ladies who are figure competitors. Hmmmm, I am thinking I would love to do that one day. Monica Brandt has a FEM camp in september...if I can afford it then, I am going to go. I think that would be so much FUN!!!!!! So big goal right there...little goals first though.

Since I am blogging about my challenge here I should post a few of my goals. We will start with the first 4 week goals. In three more weeks I would like to be to a size 10. I am a 12 now. I would also like to be able to run a mile in 9.5 minutes without stopping to rest. Right now I can run in 11 minutes without stopping. I CAN do two miles in 20 minutes...but I have to stop a few times for 5 second breaks. Also for the next 3 weeks a HUGE goal is to just make it through...finish the next 3 weeks without cheating on a meal and without missing a single workout!!!! My over all big goal for this challenge is to finish! Finish by the book and not mess up and not quit!!!!!!!

So for now...I am just focusing on small goals. At the end of the first 4 weeks, I will post my second 4 week (8 week) goals.

So on an even smaller scale...for my next week I am just going to focus on planning every meal...not cheating a single day, and making sure that workout gets in no matter how late or early I have to do it. SOOOOO....in order to help myself achieve this goal, I went grocery shopping today. OMG...my family is going to hate me. I got NOTHING unauthorized. No cereal, no crackers, cookies, chips, or soda. Instead of cereal for breakfast, the kids will enjoy eggs, oatmeal, whole wheat or protien pancakes or whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter. 1 or 2% milk and fruit will be added to thier breakfast as well. I shopped the perimeter of the store only. Got tons of fresh veggies, fresh fruits, lean meats. Tip for shoppers on a budget. Lean meats can be very expensive, but a lot of grocery stores put stuff on sale if it's about to expire. For example...today I got a lb of extra lean ground turkey...normally $7.00...for only $3.00 because it was about to expire tomorrow. So I bring it home and freeze it and it's good!!! I got frozen veggies as well...just as good as fresh and cheaper. I was able to walk out the store buying all health food, diapers and even a brita water pitcher and extra filter for around $200...for 2 weeks worth of groceries. How fabulous is that!!!!!

So today is ubwo day....

Chest: Dumbell Flies and Dumbell Bench Press
Back: Cable Rows, Lat Pull Down
Shoulders: Lateral Raises (my fave), Front Raises
Biceps Dumbell Curls, Hammer Curls
Triceps: Bench dips (another fave), Tricep Kickbacks

Eats:

7 am - 1 cup skim milk (taken with my motrin)
1 slice whole wheat (ww) toast with sugar free (sf) raspberry perserves
CLA and Coffee with splenda

10 am - Fat Free (ff) vanilla yogurt mixed with FF cottage cheese

1 pm - Myoplex Lite bar
CLA

3 pm - 3 oz tuna
1/2 sweet potato
1 cup steamed asparagus with 1 tsp olive oil, lemon juice and garlic

6 pm - 4 oz ground chicken breast
1/2 c. brown rice
1 cup fresh snapped green beans with lemon juice and garlic
CLA

9 pm - Myoplex Lite shake post workout with L-glutamine

No comments:

Post a Comment